As Associate, you are required to work closely with your Department Head and Senior Associates, as well as the Managing Partner (CEO), and the International Business Consultant (internal) as well as external clients.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist Senior Associates to draft agreements, contracts, and other legal documents, implement feedback as needed
- Support the operations and accounting departments with the collection of the overdue invoices through negotiations and in arbitration, small claims courts procedure
- Prepare documents and/or produce relevant reports for LC team to complete all settlement cases
- Help develop cases / follow on any leads from Investigators by maintaining contact with people involved in the case
- Keep Open lines of Communication with clients/internal team consistently informed on the progress of all cases
- Represent the company in legal proceedings if needed (administrative boards, court trials, etc.)
- Help resolve and clarify any other miscellaneous legal matters as they arise
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Preparing written reports and correspondence letters/emails for clients and any other IP-related tasks
- Updating deadlines, record files and related information on IP cases and on client files
- Researching laws and past judicial decisions as assigned by Senior Associate
- Support other ad-hoc projects regardless of time constraints or workload.